Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Writer's Block

Sometimes I can sit and just write the things that come to mind. Others times I sit and just write just to unwind. Lately though the words just don't seem to flow. When I sit down at the table or in my room and put the pen to the paper nothing comes out. The words are hard to unlock, its like I have writer's block. The only thing I seem to be able to write is poetry and because this helps me to get my feelings out. 

But now this will be harder because i have papers, blogs, and journals to write. You would think that this wouldn't be hard for a writer right. The entry into my mind is what I write, so people can see. Papers and journals are just not for me.

 So we will see what happens throughout this semester. Will I be able to let my inner thoughts flow or will I never be able to let this writer's block go.

3 comments:

  1. You've read my mind with your post. I write poetry and other creative writing pieces for my personal enjoyment; however, it seems hard for me to come up with something for class purposes. I went a little silly for my first blog as a way of breaking the ice. It seemed to help me skirt my block, since I wasn't thinking about what I was writing. Actually, the piece basically created itself. The silliness of the fantasy moment carried me through the exercise, and, in a few moments, I was done without knowing it.

    Good luck with getting past your block during the current class assignment. I'm in the same boat myself!

    Be Blessed!
    Kharamel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know James, that’s the why I feel every single time that I have to write a paper. The thoughts are there but it seems like they are just there but you cannot bring them out. It is not that we don’t have any idea of what to talk about, but even when you know what you are going to talk about still hard to know what you want to share with other people and what not..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is harder, in some respects, than we want to believe.

    I'm not one of those people who think I have to wait for inspiration--I just start writing about some idea in my head and let it go from there, much the same way Kharamel wrote about her blog. Don't force it. Just start writing and let the writing choose it's path.

    It's a zen thing!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete