Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walking Around the Lake

Recently, I logged into my facebook account and I noticed that just about everybody that I went to college with in Oklahoma is now either engaged or already married. If you wanted to become engaged to someone the tradition in Oklahoma was to walk around the lake five times backwards.
This got me to thinking.

Am I ready to settle down and get married?

I do not think that I am ready for such a huge responsibility and I feel as if I am to young to even think about getting married. I just want to live my life to the fullest and learn how to take care of myself (without moms/dads help) before I take on the task of doing it for me and someone else.
I'm pretty sure that by the time I graduate I will have already achieved most of my goals and that i feel will be the time to start the commitment process. Until then I will just continue to congratulate all my friends on all of there wedded bliss.


2 comments:

  1. It's great to see that somebody knows this before it's too late! See my groupmembers for a synopsis of my stupidity, circa 1993 or so. Now, about that lake, maybe someone should consider putting a privacy fence around it. If it is causing so many young people to prematurely give up their freedom, there may be a chance of categorizing it as some sort of public nuisance. Either that or post a sign that says, 'Walk backwards before you're 25 at your own risk!'

    Just kidding!
    Kharamel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm agreeing with Kharamel on the lake thing!

    And, you know, let life unfold. I don't think anyone's published a time-table for these things.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete